Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Down Day


Time to leave San Diego. That in itself is a bit of a downer. To enjoy the ocean and beaches as much as possible we decided to travel up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to Oregon. As we came into the Los Angeles area we recognized the Santa Monica pier from movies and tv so decided to stop.
This is where the real downer began. Approaching the pier we saw the plaques and equipment for Muscle Beach. I approached the site. No one invited me to join them.
Just to the right we see the beach volleyball courts where all those people with buff bodies frolic in the sun and sand. Much to my chagrin, once again, no one invited me to join.
At this point I did what any good, red blooded American couch potato would do when the ego is bruised by reality, I found a bar on the pier and had a beer. The beverage was tasty.
Guess the day wasn't a total loss.

No comments: